Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Finishing things.

I may be wrong about all this, but here's how I see it.  you have an air mass moving east from the coast. it moves that way because of the earth's rotation.  when this air hits the Rocky Mountains, it gets compressed.  Then it passes past the Montana/Colorado/Wyoming etc. border and opens up to the northern plains. This air, due to compression and passing partly across Alaska and Canada is of a different temperature and pressure than the air sitting over the plains.  when it hits the other air mass, during this decompression, The results is violent, rain, hail, tornadoes, etc.  Welcome to my world.  I'm coming out of Grand Forks on a couple of days, and there are these really "cool" looking clouds to the west and south.  At some point, I'm traveling through hail and intense rain.  This is normal here, but something I never experienced in California.  Hopefully, the farmers here don't get their crops torn up too badly...

Evening storm coming in.  Sometimes the air is a funny color.

windy, rain starting




You don't get to see moving masses of air in California





Now, we're rocking

Oh, Summer snow from the cottonwoods

Pretties in my yard

No comments:

Post a Comment