Monday, June 26, 2017

May 15th - Critters Everywhere

Walking in my yard, or driving down gravel roads, the array of wildlife is surprising sometimes.  One morning a hawk flew right in front of my truck. Just right there.  Too cool, and too fast to stop and pull out a camera.

We have a garter snake that lives in our yard.  I've seen it a couple of times.  I picked the cute little bugger up once.  The gophers I hate.  I have finally rid my front yard of them, but like the zombies of The Walking Dead, they are always out there, somewhere. 

One morning, there was a pair of pheasants walking just off the road.  They were just strolling across the field, and I was able to photograph them.  

And then, every once in a while, a deer will hang out in our yard in the daytime.  I see a lot at night, but not too many in our backyard during the day.

You don't get this in the city. Right?

Our resident garter snake

Pheasant

The pair.  Husband and wife?

A backyard visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment