- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, sure 'tis like a morn in spring.
- In the lilt of Irish laughter, you can hear the angels sing.
- When Irish hearts are happy, all the world seems bright and gay,
- And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, sure, they steal your heart away.
- There's a tear in your eye and I'm wondering why,
- For it never should be there at all.
- With such power in your smile, sure a stone you'd beguile,
- So there's never a teardrop should fall,
- When your sweet lilting laughter's like some fairy song
- And your eyes twinkle bright as can be.
- You should laugh all the while and all other times smile,
- And now smile a smile for me.
- For your smile is a part of the love in your heart,
- And it makes even sunshine more bright.
- Like the linnet's sweet song, crooning all the day long.
- Comes your laughter so tender and light.
- For the springtime of life is the sweetest of all,
- There is ne'er a real care or regret.
- And while springtime is ours, throughout all of youth's hours,
- Let us smile each chance we get.
Happy St. Patrick's Day,all.